Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Christmas cards and flowers...............

I totally love challenges. They inspire me to try new things. They encourage me to use and combine colors I might not consider trying. I love to see what others have done while participating in the same challenge or how they interpreted the same sketch. Sometimes the results surprise me. Sometimes the results are even amazing. Most of all, challenges are fun.

My new passion is paper flowers.  That's what I have been doing for the past several evenings. I love creating them.  The possibilities are endless.

I decided earlier this evening I really need to get to work on my Christmas cards.  I have several done but will need a few more.  I started visiting my favorite blogs looking for challnges I could have fun with while creating my Christmas cards.  I also wanted to be able to use my flowers.  I was really pleased to find several.  There were several 'Anything Goes' challenges this week.  Those are always fun.

Here is my first creationusing my flowers while making a Christmas card.


The bird is a digi stamp colored with watercolor pencils blended with a aqua-painter. The flowers are torn paper flowers.  You can use paper or cardstock to make them.  I love 'em.


I'd like to thank Gabi at 'Such a Pretty Mess' for the fantastic and easy to follow tutorial for these great flowers.  I love her blog. 


I submitted this card to several great blogs. 













Happy Christmas card making.

Thanks for stopping by.


11 comments:

  1. Boy have you been a busy Lady. Great job. the colors are great. TYSVM for joining us at AiFactory and please be sure to come back and play with us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card - I love the image & colours. The flowers are fab! Thanks for joining the Alphabet Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jan
    Your card is awesome I love the image you have coloured it perfectly thanks for playing at Tellens Place
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card

    Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

    Hugs Jane x
    SCSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card! I love the coloring with the blender..and those are fantastic flowers. thanks for playing this week at AIF
    -Tammy DT Lead

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Christmas card. That image is so well coloured and .. yes .. those flowers are great. Thankyou for sharing this at Tellen's Place this week and hope to see you back again soon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous - love how you did your cardinal and your flowers - wow - they are dazzling! Thanks for playing along with us at Tellen's Place this week! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, I love the flowers! Thanks for taking part in the Alphabet Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card. :) Thanks for joining us at Totally Gorjuss. Gez.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely Christmas card :)

    Thank you for joining us this week at Incy Wincy Designs

    Would love it if you could come and visit my blog Vanilla Hevn sometime :)

    Heather and the DT

    ReplyDelete