Monday, February 28, 2011

My 3-D Origami dolls........

I wanted to find something different & fun to make for my brother & sister-in-law for their birthdays. Something special.  My sister-in-law is a beautiful Japanese lady.  They have decorated their lovely apartment with an oriental flavor.  I wanted to find something that would fit in with their style and taste.


These wonderful origami paper dolls perfectly fit the bill.  This is known as the kusudama folding technique.


A Happy Birthday wish for John.


A Happy Birthday wish for Kiyomi.

I submitted my project to this weeks Paper Romance Challenge, 'Anything Goes.'

To see my origami fairy, please visit HERE.

Here is a video tutorial showing how to make similar dolls.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh these are darling! Fabulous :)

    Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

    Hugs,
    Sandra P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these! Awesome job. Thank you for playing along at Paper Romance!

    ReplyDelete