Monday, May 9, 2011

A Clown Doll using the Kusudama folding method..........


I made this origami sitting clown doll for my sister's birthday in place of a card. 

It was really a fun project.  I think it turned out cute.

He's made using the Kududama method of folding. 

I used two complimentary pattered papers for the arms, legs, hat & body. I used solid red paper for the collar & a small piece of solid yellow for the hair.  There are little pom poms for the hat, hands & feet.  The only other needed supplies are glue, a needle & thread, a couple of toothpicks and a pipecleaner.


 The head is a wooden bead.

At the bottom of this page is a link to a wonderful tutorial for making this doll.

I submitted my clown doll to the following challenges:








Here is a link to a YouTube video that is a great tutorial for making this clown doll.  I made a couple of minor changes when I made my doll but for the most part followed the tutorial.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Such a fun project!!! Thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.
    xoxo,
    Noor Nahdi (May Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How creative.
    Thanks for joining us at PIO this week.
    Best wishes, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. This clown turned out adorable! I love all the ruffles!!! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful card his week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is really cute and creative! Your sister will love it! Thanks for joining us at The One Stop Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fab project! thanks for playing along with our No Cards challenge this week at Charisma! :) Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a project unbelievable! Thanks for playing along with Divas' first challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm familiar w/the folding method & have made some flowers myself using it, but i had no idea you could make something as elaborate as your project using it! this is so detailed & fabulous...you put a lot of hard work into it & it definitely paid off!! thanks for "piling it on" with us at PIO & hope to see you again soon! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh--Half my comments are gone since Blogger did their maintenance yesterday. How disapointing. Thank you so much to everyone who took their time to leave a comment. They were all very lovely comments. I'm so sorry they're gone.

    ReplyDelete