Friday, May 3, 2013

Horses & Geocachers


One day last summer, my husband I were geocaching in Eastern Washington.  While following our coordinates, we came across a horse in a large, fenced field.  Off in the distance was another horse with a rider.  We had reached our destination and were both out of the truck.  As we searched for the geocache, the horse & rider approached us.

An older gentleman was the rider and we figured he was coming over to see why we were poking around in the tall grass beside his field.  I got ready with my well-rehearsed speech that explains all about geocaching.

I no sooner got started with my explanation when the man held up his hand to stop me and said ....
"I know exactly what you're doing.  I'm training and socializing this young horse.  I rode over because I wanted to show you to him."

How's that for a switch. LOL

He is a very nice man. We had a fun little visit and off he rode on his beautiful horse.

I was so mad at myself for not thinking to take a picture of him riding his horse while I had the opportunity.  The picture above is his other beautiful horse who was in the field waiting for his pals to return.

No comments:

Post a Comment