Monday, February 9, 2009

I'm branching out into new things.


After setting my cardmaking aside for a couple of years due to other commitments, I have decided to resume my much loved hobby.

I'm not new to cardmaking. In fact, I've made many cards over the years, but mainly they were cards made by combining pretty papers and ribbons. Althought they were simple in comparison to many of the gorgeous cards I have seen on the internet, I was pleased with many of them. This time, however, I want to learn new techniques. I plan to try things I have not done before. I've been visiting the blogs of other cardmakers. I'm also armed with a new subscription to cardmaker magazine. I love, love, love it. So full of great ideas.

This is one of my first attempts at watercolor pencils. It's not my very first attempt. Or.....even my second. Those two ended up filed away in the kitchen garbage can. This is the first one where I am reasonably pleased with the way my colors blended together. Originally, I intended for the rabbit to turn out a little bit lighter brown, but atleast he ended up looking like a rabbit.

I'm just beginning to get a feeling for the results I can get by blending certain colors together. I can definately see my own improvement. I started out with a basic, but good quality, set of a dozen watercolor pencils and a blender pen. I actually think I'm ready to graduate to a larger set. Guess I'll be heading for the crafts store again next weekend.

Thanks for visiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment