Thursday, May 13, 2010

The next page......

This is my second page for my two page scrapbook layout of my daughter, Tracy.  Page one is my previous blog.

The 'Just My Sketches' blog offered this great sketch for their May 1st. challenge.  This challenge is hosted by Deanne Burton of Newfoundland. 

Along with the monthly sketch is a list of five songs.  You choose a song to inspire your creativity on the project.  I chose,  'From a Distance', by Bette Midler.  I used the words 'love' and 'hope' spelled out with chipboard letters.  I pray my daughter's generation can make some improvements in the world.

Here is my layout:


Tracy got those beautiful flowers for her birthday.  This picture is what prompted me to buy this paper for her layout.  They were perfect together.

I also submitted this project to the "Chipboard Technique Challenge" over at The Shabby Tea Room Blog. This is their challenge for week 9. Thank you for a super fun challenge.


And
 
FROM A DISTANCE
Bette Midler

 
From a distance the world looks blue and green,
and the snow-capped mountains white.
From a distance the ocean meets the stream,
and the eagle takes to flight.  

From a distance, there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
It's the voice of hope, it's the voice of peace,
it's the voice of every man.

From a distance we all have enough,
and no one is in need.
And there are no guns, no bombs, and no disease,
no hungry mouths to feed.

From a distance we are instruments
marching in a common band.
Playing songs of hope, playing songs of peace.
They're the songs of every man.

God is watching us. God is watching us.
God is watching us from a distance.
From a distance you look like my friend,
even though we are at war.
From a distance I just cannot comprehend
what all this fighting is for.

From a distance there is harmony,
and it echoes through the land.
And it's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves,
it's the heart of every man.

It's the hope of hopes, it's the love of loves.
This is the song of every man.
And God is watching us, God is watching us,
God is watching us from a distance. Oh,
God is watching us, God is watching.
God is watching us from a distance


Thanks so much for visiting.

3 comments:

  1. WOW, this is the second time I've seen a LO with that awesome flower DSP - so pretty!!!! Thanks for joining us this week in the Tea Room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOOOOOOOooooo,what a cheerful page.. I am loving all the sun flowers..Thanks for joining us at SSDS this week..

    Amanda:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful LO - that paper is fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete